Like so many Directors in mid-size companies, you may be struggling to decide whether you should build an internal marketing team or work with an inbound marketing agency. Whatever you decide, looking at the differences of both will assist in making the right decision.
Advantages of Internal Marketing
• Employees who are well informed on the company’s culture are your best PR agents on the company’s products and services leading to competitive advantages
• Employee satisfaction levels will grow
• Where employees are involved through internal marketing, this will lead to increased productivity
• You will have more control on staffing issues and the management of internal processes
• Where your in-house team has completed a particular task, they can be utilized for other tasks
On the other side of the fence are agencies whose sole function is to increase your ROI. Building brand awareness, keeping existing customers satisfied, acquiring new customers and adding value are core functions of any inbound marketing agency. You do not have to place extra people on the payroll with benefits and you can be the beneficiary of a wide range of advantages.
Advantages of an Inbound Marketing Agency
• When going with an agency you do eliminate extra costs that you have when adding people to the payroll
• An agency has freethinking methodology as where employees follow instructions and will feel somewhat inhibited in freedom of choice and ideas. This means that an agency comes with creative thinking as a must and not an inhibitor.
• Agencies possess the necessary tactics and skills to build your strategy as they come with years of expertise and an in-depth knowledge of the industry
• Developing a case of myopia is easy when you are bound to your work on a daily basis. An agency provides that fresh perspective you need.
• You are exposed to a range of specialists from an agency, all with inspiring ideas that they can blend into an amazing strategy
• An agency will utilize the right vendors with whom they have built up a relationship over a period like photographers, software specialists and more
When you compare the two, the advantages of an agency can quickly outweigh those of an internal team. However, where the need does arise to implement an internal team, it is suggested to combine the two where the internal team will have more input in the company matters and the agency play the nurturing role.
For more information on specialized inbound marketing services and turning leads into customers, contact Nextiny Marketing for professional advice.